Pedestal basins are typically a classic styled basin for a more traditional look bathroom. A vintage inspired basin that makes a statement, pedestal basins have always been a popular choice. However, there are now more modern designs on the market to suit all bathroom styles.
House of Home stocks an extensive range of both traditional style and more modern design pedestal basins, available from stockists across Australia. Purchase in store or buy online with delivery to your door.
A pedestal basin comprises of two pieces - a basin piece, and the leg or stand (the “pedestal”) that the basin sits on top of. While they aren’t considered as practical as other basins that offer more counter space, they are popular pick for those wanting to add a touch of charm or wanting to add a defining bathroom piece.
Pedestal basins are a great option for smaller bathrooms where space is limited and where larger basins and counter tops are not an option.
• The wall that the basin will sit against must be strong enough to support the weight of the basin – ensure there will be enough support before installing your basin.
• Choose the right style basin for your bathroom. The more modern designs are of course better suited to a contemporary styled bathroom, but the more traditional styled basins can be harder to match.
• Only choose a traditional style pedestal basin if your bathroom is very traditional – think tiled floor and a claw foot bath.
• Ensure your tap ware will also match the style of basin you select.
• As pedestal basins offer little counter space or room for storage, they are often paired with mirror cabinets and other bathroom storage solutions.