With the Christmas season of entertainment fast approaching, having a little extra seating for guests can go a long way. Having peace of mind that your guests are all comfortably accounted for will ensure less stress and allow more time for everyone to enjoy each other’s company.
The humble ottoman or footstool is one of the handiest, most useful items of furniture for the home. It’s one of those pieces that once you have, you can’t image having lived without!
It’s great to be able to create flexible living areas that can adapt to a home’s changing needs and an ottoman is one such item that is effortlessly versatile. Ottomans, poufs and footstools can be easily swapped from room to room if needed, or placed in a variety of locations.
An ottoman’s compact proportions allows it to fit snuggly in just about any space, and can double as dual-purpose furniture, for example an ottoman can be:
- Tucked away under a console table when not in use.
- Placed in the corner of a room.
- Positioned at the foot of a sofa.
- Used in a bedroom or dressing room.
- Placed either side of a television unit.
- Pushed against a wall.
- Great in wall coves or small spaces to create a cozy reading nook.
- Used as a coffee table or side table - A simple tray can be added to the top of an ottoman or footstool to place objects such as drinks, books or magazines etc.
- Storage ottomans provide much needed additional storage without taking up any extra space.
- Bench style ottomans look stunning in an entry or as part of a lounge room setting.
An ottoman can be matched with any home decor style, whether it be classic, contemporary, vintage, mid-century modern, Scandinavian, or country, there is a great range of gorgeous designs available in a myriad of fabrics and finishes to suit any interior design scheme.
Ottomans also have a beautiful sculptural quality about them that creates visual interest and is a great way to bring colour, pattern or texture to the home. They can be upholstered in a fabric that’s understated or vibrant, and details can be added such as deep buttoning or saddle stitching.
Whatever your style or colour choice, the simple addition of an ottoman or footstool will provide impromtu seating for when family and friends swing by, while also creating a place for you to relax and put your feet up after they have left!
We have put together a collection of our favourite ottomans, benches and footstools - just in time for the Christmas!
Ottomans & Poufs
Click here to view more gorgeous Ottomans and Foot Stools.
Image credits: madebymood.com | sheerluxe.com | mydomainehome.com.au | hgtv.com