“Domestic bliss”- is it actually possible or was it just a term invented to make couples feel inadequate? Life’s full of ups and downs and we know this influences how couples interact with each other on a daily basis. These ups and downs can be compounded by seemingly small problems on the home front like not seeing eye to eye on domestic duties. Luckily, there are some practical solutions you can incorporate around the home to help ease tensions, create peace and make life a little easier for you and your loved one.
“You’re having one of your cleaning frenzies aren’t you!” My partner says while l kneel in the shower recess scrubbing the grout with a toothbrush. I admit that l take a “no stone unturned” approach to household cleaning, which l find very satisfying and he thinks is a bit over the top. So, if like me you find yourself at loggerheads over the standard in which domestic chores are carried out then, here are some products to encourage organisation and make cleaning a breeze both indoors and outdoors:
- Ducted Vacuuming Systems - no more scuffs on the skirting boards thanks to this clever invention! Ducted vacuuming systems provide easy access to quickly vacuum rooms and, they are much quieter than traditional vacuums.
- Portable Clotheslines - if room is an issue then this is a must have product for you. Made for city living, these are a great way to maximise your living space as you just pop the clothesline over your balcony and pack it away when you’re done.
- Garden Hose and Wall Mount - do you hate finding the hose strewn all over the back lawn? Encourage a tidy yard with these hoses that have matching wall mounts so your hose can be compactly stored when not in use. We Garden Glory’s modern range of hip hose colours too!
No matter how much we love and adore our life partner we all need a little space to breathe. Carving out some “me” time can be challenging for couples who share a small apartment or flat together and even for those of you who have roomier digs it’s still great to create a sanctuary at home so you both have a special space to chill out. Depending on personal interests you may want to create a reading nook or an art studio, the list is endless. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
(Image credit: http://www.zillow.com/)
- The Man Cave - a place to escape that can be themed around your much loved hobbies or just a cosy space to enjoy some quiet time. Slip away for a Sunday nap to a comfy armchair or lounge in a hammock all afternoon in the fresh air and don’t forget to add an outdoor beanbag or two in case you have company. A cold beer or refreshing drink is only an arm’s length away when you install a bar fridge in man-land. For those who love to spend time pondering over the open flames then a fire pit is a great addition to your outdoor oasis too.
- The Creative Studio - a space to work on art projects be it photography, graphic design or craft. The first thing you’ll need is a work bench and quality office chair to get you started. Then add in a bookshelf to store your materials, equipment and reference books. Keep your desk clean and de-cluttered with a handy desk tidy by Block Design. They are available in three bright colours that will make your desk pop! Make sure you avoid straining your eyes when concentrating on intricate details or staring at a computer screen for long periods of time by choosing an adjustable table lamp to direct light to the right angle for optimal viewing. Ignite your imagination by surrounding yourself with inspirational artwork, posters or affirmations. A great way to hang up all your bits and pieces is by using a pegboard to keep things all in the one place. After all your hard work is complete, sit back and savour your creation in a welcoming armchair and colourful cushion just for fun.
When two parties have a different approach to household chores it can create chaos but with a little thought and creativity you can find ways to be more efficient and organised around the home so there’s more time to enjoy doing the fun stuff. Remember to always make time for one another and what an easy way than making dinner time fun.
- Pizza Oven - even the most reluctant cook will be ready to try their hand at gourmet pizza making. Don’t forget a trusty heat resistant trivet to sit your hot pizza tray on. Bring on pizza night!
Feeling inspired? Shop more Here.