Born in 1945 Anne Hall flourished as an artist throughout the ’70s and ’80s. Married to John Perceval, she was part of an artist milieu that included Fred Williams, John Brack, Bob Jacks, Gareth Sansom, members of the Boyd family and other leading and aspiring members of the Melbourne arts community.
Her contribution throughout this period cannot be underestimated - unlike Perceval who’s the best work was well behind him - Anne Hall was seminal in introducing a new type of figurative expressionism (feminist) to the Melbourne art world.
The strength that underlies her creative output is her extraordinary gift for drawing and composition - this, when added to her quirky and fascinated perspective on life, love, family, and friends, combines to give her work a beauty, power, and sense of originality that is unique to her.
- This an original work on paper dated 67.
- Figurative expressionism.
- Anne Hall was part of the artist milieu inthe 60's and 70's.
- Anne Hall was married to John Pereval.
- Anne Hall works are extrodinary and unique to her