Born in 1945 Anne Hall flourished as an artist throughout the 70’s and 80’s. Married to John Perceval she was part of an artist milieu that included Fred Williams, John Brack, Bob Jacks, Gareth Sansom, members of the Boyd family and other leading and aspiring members of the Melbourne arts community.
Her contribution throughout this period cannot be underestimated - unlike Perceval who’s best work was well behind him - Anne Hall was seminal in introducing a new type of figurative expressionism (feminist) to the Melbourne art world.
The strength that underlies her creative output is her extraordinary gift for drawing and composition - this when added to her quirky and fascinated perspective on life, love, family and friends combines to give her work a beauty, power and sense of originality that is totally unique to her.
- This picture is an original work on paper. (67) by Anne Hall.
- Figurative Expressionism (feminist).
- Anne Hall was part of the artist milieu in the 60s and 70s
- Anne Hall was married to John Perseval.
- Ane Hall work is totally unique to her.
- Pastel on paper.